Zodiak Latino Taps Development Executive
Carlos Marquez-Sterling has been named vp development and production.
Zodiak Latino, part of Zodiak Media, is expanding its team.
Carlos Marquez-Sterling has ben tapped as vp development and production, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Based in Miami, he will report to Harris Whitbeck, CEO of Zodiak Latino, and Juan Maldonado, chief creative officer of Zodiak Latino.
In his role, Marquez-Sterling will develop unscripted series in addition to adapting Zodiak formats for the U.S. Hispanic and Latin America markets. The Zodiak slate includes Mexico's Next Top Model and Sing If You Can (Canta Si Puedes) for Ecuador and Peru.
“Carlos is that rare mix of decades of industry experience and a fresh and innovative approach to both development and production,” said Whitbeck. “We are delighted to welcome him as he will do much to consolidate and further strengthen our production and development efforts."
Marquez-Sterling was previously senior director at MundoFox affilate WGEN and was in charge of program development with Caracol America Productions, where he developed the late-night talk show El Show con Tony Benitez and a pilot for entertainment newsmagazine XTRAMAX. He was responsible for the on-air re-conceptualization and rebranding of the channel.
He has 25 years of experience in production, promotions, marketing and format development in TV, radio, film and digital areas.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR