Zodiak preps 'Host' format for U.K.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Zodiak Television Group has picked up the format rights to hit German entertainment show "Beat Your Host" for the U.K., Sweden and Finland from German sales group SevenOne International.
In "Beat Your Host," produced by Cologne-based Brainpool, a VIP television host competes against his own guests in a series of physical, mental and trivia challenges.
The challenges range from the demanding (pole vaulting) to the banal (spreading soft cheese on a sandwich). If the guest wins, they take home a cash prize. If they lose, the money goes into the pot for the next show.
Featuring local star Stefan Raab, "Beat Your Host" has been a huge hit in Germany, drawing close to 30% market share in the 14-49 demographic for commercial network ProSieben.
Zodiak will produce local versions of "Beat Your Host" through its local production companies -- Diverse Prods. in the U.K., MTV Mastiff in Sweden and T&T Broadcasters in Finland.
The deal comes just a week after ABC greenlighted a U.S. version of Germany's No. 1 entertainment format, "Wanna Bet?"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)