Zooey Deschanel, Ben Gibbard Divorce Final
The 32-year-old actress-singer filed to split from the Death Cab for Cutie frontman last December.
After a year, the divorce between Zooey Deschanel and Ben Gibbard is finally final.
The 32-year-old actress-singer wed the Death Cab for Cutie frontman in September 2009; little more than two years later, in November 2011, the pair announced they were separating. Deschanel filed for divorce that December, citing irreconcilable differences.
The Associated Press reports that the two are -- officially -- no longer husband and wife, as decreed by a Los Angeles-based judge last Wednesday. No financial details were disclosed but court documents state that the marriage can't be repaired by counseling or mediation.
Deschanel, newly nominated for a 2013 Golden Globe award for her role on Fox's New Girl, seemed a perfect match for Gibbard's hipster-ness with her twee public persona (see also: "Manic Pixie Dream Girl") and passion for music.
Besides acting, she sings in an indie band, She & Him, with M. Ward.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)