President Obama 'Grateful' to Zooey Deschanel in Birthday Letter
The "New Girl" star received tidings from the commander-in-chief, praising her encouragement and support of young women.
The First Family has previously mentioned Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Treme and Modern Family as shows familiar to the White House television, but it appears the president might also be a fan of Fox's New Girl.
Series star Zooey Deschanel celebrated her 32nd birthday over the weekend, and President Obama was among her well-wishers.
Writing on behalf of himself and the First Lady, Obama praised the actress and singer's influence over female fans: "As you celebrate this special occasion with your family and friends, please know I am grateful for all you have done to encourage and support young women who are making a difference across our country. I hope your day is filled with love and laughter, and I wish you all the best for good health and happiness in the year ahead."
"Wow!" Deschanel wrote on Facebook, tagging the president in a photo of the letter, "Thank you Barack Obama."
Deschanel is a co-founder of female-focused website HelloGiggles. It launched in 2011 under the directive of being "the ultimate entertainment destination for smart, independent and creative females."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing