President Obama 'Grateful' to Zooey Deschanel in Birthday Letter
The "New Girl" star received tidings from the commander-in-chief, praising her encouragement and support of young women.
The First Family has previously mentioned Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Treme and Modern Family as shows familiar to the White House television, but it appears the president might also be a fan of Fox's New Girl.
Series star Zooey Deschanel celebrated her 32nd birthday over the weekend, and President Obama was among her well-wishers.
Writing on behalf of himself and the First Lady, Obama praised the actress and singer's influence over female fans: "As you celebrate this special occasion with your family and friends, please know I am grateful for all you have done to encourage and support young women who are making a difference across our country. I hope your day is filled with love and laughter, and I wish you all the best for good health and happiness in the year ahead."
"Wow!" Deschanel wrote on Facebook, tagging the president in a photo of the letter, "Thank you Barack Obama."
Deschanel is a co-founder of female-focused website HelloGiggles. It launched in 2011 under the directive of being "the ultimate entertainment destination for smart, independent and creative females."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical