'New Girl's' Zooey Deschanel Files for Divorce From Death Cab's Ben Gibbard
The actress and singer is officially splitting from her husband of two years.
Zooey Deschanel may be one of TV’s most beloved new faces of the fall, but the actress has apparently been having troubles on the personal front and recently filed for divorce.
According to the Associated Press, Deschanel cited irreconcilable differences with husband, rocker Ben Gibbard, in divorce papers filed in Los Angeles on Dec. 27. Deschanel and Gibbard married in Sept. 2009.
The couple announced their separation on Nov. 1 of last year, which was described then as an amicable split.
Aside from starring on Fox’s hit freshman comedy, New Girl, the actress also fronts the alt-folk band, She & Him. Gibbard is the front man for the two wildly popular indie rock bands, The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!