'New Girl's' Zooey Deschanel Files for Divorce From Death Cab's Ben Gibbard
The actress and singer is officially splitting from her husband of two years.
Zooey Deschanel may be one of TV’s most beloved new faces of the fall, but the actress has apparently been having troubles on the personal front and recently filed for divorce.
According to the Associated Press, Deschanel cited irreconcilable differences with husband, rocker Ben Gibbard, in divorce papers filed in Los Angeles on Dec. 27. Deschanel and Gibbard married in Sept. 2009.
The couple announced their separation on Nov. 1 of last year, which was described then as an amicable split.
Aside from starring on Fox’s hit freshman comedy, New Girl, the actress also fronts the alt-folk band, She & Him. Gibbard is the front man for the two wildly popular indie rock bands, The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)