Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Sing 'What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?' (Video)
The "(500) Days of Summer" co-stars reunite for a duet on YouTube.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel, the king and queen of indie cool, teamed up to record a cover version of the classic song "What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?"
They released the video on YouTube just in time to help anyone fumbling with the right way to get a last minute date for the big night. The pair displays the same winning chemistry that helped make (500) Days of Summer a surprise hit in 2009. Deschanel, wearing a silvery white party dress and a tiara, strums a ukulele while Gordon-Levitt, in a black suit and tie, accompanies her on his guitar.
The 1947 ditty by Frank Loesser has been covered by everybody from Ella Fitzgerald to Clay Aiken.
Deschanel plays the lead in the freshman Fox sitcom New Girl, which has been picked up for a full season and was the only new show to receive a best series Golden Globe nomination. Deschanel was also nominated for best comedy actress. She has released two albums with singing partner M. Ward under the name She & Him.
Gordon-Levitt will be featured in two big movies in 2012: Christopher Nolan's The Dark Night Rises and Steven Spielberg's Lincoln. He also just released a well-reviewed book, The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, which were drawn from posts on his hitRECord.org website.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR