Zsa Zsa Gabor Admitted to Hospital After Learning of Elizabeth Taylor's Death
The actress became "inconsolable" after hearing that her longtime friend died Wednesday, her spokesperson says.
Zsa Zsa Gabor was admitted to the hospital Wednesday after being overcome with grief about the death of her longtime friend Elizabeth Taylor, according to published reports.
"She was inconsolable and her blood pressure shot up to dangerous levels," Gabor's spokesperson told KABC Los Angeles' website OnTheRedCarpet.com. "So the doctor told [her husband, Frederic Prinz von Anhalt] to bring her into the hospital so they could medicate and watch her."
Gabor has been hospitalized repeatedly since July, when she broke her hip falling from bed. She had most of her right leg amputated in January because of gangrene but refused a second leg amputation earlier this month.
At the time, Prinz von Anhalt told the Associated Press that the 94-year-old actress was taking medication and had "a 50-50 chance" of surviving for another year without surgery.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR