Zsa Zsa Gabor to be Released From Hospital Sunday Afternoon
The actress will celebrate her 94th birthday at home.
Zsa Zsa Gabor is expected to leave the hospital Sunday afternoon just in time to celebrate her 94th birthday.
The Hungarian actress was recently taken to Los Angeles' Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center with a lung infection. Publicist John Blanchette confirmed to the Associated Press that the diagnosis was pneumonia.
Blanchette said Gabor's husband, Frederic Prinz von Anhalt, plans to get the actress a birthday cake with her name on it and invite friends over to their Bel Air mansion to celebrate.
Both Gabor and her husband have been hospitalized multiple times in the past year. Most recently, the actress had her right leg amputated after she developed gangrene in January. Von Anhalt was also taken to the hospital last week and treated for exhaustion after collapsing in an elevator.
Gabor began her career at the age of 15 in Austria but later emigrated to the United States in 1941. She was highly sought after in Hollywood during the 1950s and 1960s for her sex appeal and European flair.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR