A Few Minutes With Feinberg: The Public Performs the Oscar-Nominated Films (Video)
THR's awards analyst Scott Feinberg asks a cross section of strangers on Rodeo Drive which best pic Oscar nominee would have gotten their vote -- and to give him a related line reading.
Thanks for checking out the 19th -- and final pre-Oscars -- episode of A Few Minutes With Feinberg, The Hollywood Reporter’s weekly video series in which I spend -- you guessed it -- a few minutes dissecting the race to the Academy Awards.
Last month, just days after the 85th Oscar nominations were announced, my trusted cameraman/editor Victor and I took a stroll up and down Wilshire Boulevard, on which THR's offices are located, and asked members of the public to weigh in on the Oscar race. We got a tremendous amount of positive feedback about that episode, so we decided to venture back outside again -- only this time to upscale Rodeo Drive, which attracts the local rich and famous and visiting tourists (always a funny combination).
The day after final Oscar ballots were due back to the Academy, we asked a bunch of those folks to share with us which of this year's nine best picture Oscar nominees would have received their vote if they were members of the Academy: Amour, Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Django Unchained, Les Miserables, Life of Pi, Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook or Zero Dark Thirty. And, because we were in Hollywood (or at least Beverly Hills), we also got them to give us a little line reading.
We hope you enjoy the results.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Awards
- Soon You’ll Have to Ask Taylor Swift Permission to Say ‘This Sick Beat’
- What Should I Watch Until You’re the Worst Comes Back? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- Aaron Sorkin’s Steve Jobs Movie Begins Filming With Cast Full of People Who Haven’t Dropped Out Yet
- Chiwetel Ejiofor and Margot Robbie Discuss the Postapocalyptic Z for Zachariah
- Jennifer Lawrence Goes Makeup Free & Natural For Doctor's Appointment
- Bruce Jenner Will Document His 'Journey' on New Docu-Series (Report)
- Amal Clooney Was Asked Fashion Questions While Representing Armenia in Genocide Trial
- Dominos 'Fifty Shades of Grey'-Esque Ad In the Spotlight For It's S&M Content