A Few Minutes with Feinberg: Studios Under the Gun As Start of Voting Nears (Video)
THR's awards analyst on last weekend's box-office surprises, the last contenders that have yet to screen, and the films that got the biggest bump out of AFI Fest.
Thanks for checking out the ninth installment of A Few Minutes with Feinberg, THR’s weekly video series in which I spend -- you guessed it -- a few minutes dissecting the race to the Oscars. This week, I'm coming to you from the Academy Theater in New York, where screenings of awards hopefuls seem to be taking place around-the-clock as studios rush to get their films seen before Oscar nomination voting commences on Dec. 17.
Over the course of our time together, I discuss: (1) the strong box-office showings of Skyfall, Wreck-It-Ralph, Flight, and Lincoln; (2) the screening schedules -- or, in some cases, lack thereof -- for the last big contenders that haven't been widely seen yet, Promised Land, Les Miserables, Zero Dark Thirty, Django Unchained, and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey; and (3) recapping the AFI Fest, which featured screenings of Hitchcock, Life of Pi, The Impossible, On the Road, and the aforementioned Lincoln, and awarded prizes to the Danish film A Royal Affair and the doc Only the Young, among others.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!