A Few Minutes with Feinberg: Studios Under the Gun As Start of Voting Nears (Video)
THR's awards analyst on last weekend's box-office surprises, the last contenders that have yet to screen, and the films that got the biggest bump out of AFI Fest.
Thanks for checking out the ninth installment of A Few Minutes with Feinberg, THR’s weekly video series in which I spend -- you guessed it -- a few minutes dissecting the race to the Oscars. This week, I'm coming to you from the Academy Theater in New York, where screenings of awards hopefuls seem to be taking place around-the-clock as studios rush to get their films seen before Oscar nomination voting commences on Dec. 17.
Over the course of our time together, I discuss: (1) the strong box-office showings of Skyfall, Wreck-It-Ralph, Flight, and Lincoln; (2) the screening schedules -- or, in some cases, lack thereof -- for the last big contenders that haven't been widely seen yet, Promised Land, Les Miserables, Zero Dark Thirty, Django Unchained, and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey; and (3) recapping the AFI Fest, which featured screenings of Hitchcock, Life of Pi, The Impossible, On the Road, and the aforementioned Lincoln, and awarded prizes to the Danish film A Royal Affair and the doc Only the Young, among others.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Bedlam Overtakes Jane Austen, While F. Scott Fitzgerald Sings
- 'Free The Nipple' Trailer Shows Women Fighting For Equality Through The Right To Bare Chests
- Jimmy Kimmel Gets Into Bathroom Brawl With Freddie Wong Over Their Necktie Knowledge
- Carla Ferrigno, Angela Leslie And Louisa Moritz Come Forward With Allegations Against Bill Cosby
- Vanessa Hudgens Says Gigi On Broadway Role Is 'A Dream Come True'
- Joey King, Peyton List, Sabrina Carpenter & More Fresh Faces Hit Just Jared's Homecoming Dance
- Christian Grey Asks Anastasia Steele to Trust Him in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' New Trailer - Watch Now!
- Harry Styles Addresses Rumors That He Bought 1,989 Roses For Taylor Swift - Watch Now!