A Few Minutes with Feinberg: Where in the World Did They Find These Nominees? (Video)
THR's awards analyst explores the origins of this year's acting and directing Oscar nominees, many of whom hail from nations other than the United States.
Thanks for checking out the 16th episode of A Few Minutes With Feinberg, The Hollywood Reporter’s weekly video series in which I spend -- you guessed it -- a few minutes dissecting the race to the Academy Awards.
For this week's episode, I thought that it would be fun to highlight just how many of the acting and directing nominees for the 85th Oscars hail from countries other than the United States -- among them, Australia, Austria, Germany, England and Taiwan.
While we are unlikely to see a repeat of the 37th and 80th Oscars, the only two at which all four acting categories were won by non-Americans, it is quite possible that this year's total will approach that number.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting