A Few Minutes with Feinberg: Where in the World Did They Find These Nominees? (Video)
THR's awards analyst explores the origins of this year's acting and directing Oscar nominees, many of whom hail from nations other than the United States.
Thanks for checking out the 16th episode of A Few Minutes With Feinberg, The Hollywood Reporter’s weekly video series in which I spend -- you guessed it -- a few minutes dissecting the race to the Academy Awards.
For this week's episode, I thought that it would be fun to highlight just how many of the acting and directing nominees for the 85th Oscars hail from countries other than the United States -- among them, Australia, Austria, Germany, England and Taiwan.
While we are unlikely to see a repeat of the 37th and 80th Oscars, the only two at which all four acting categories were won by non-Americans, it is quite possible that this year's total will approach that number.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Closed Captioning Finally Enters Digital Age
- 'Jurassic World': See The first Images From The Set Of Next Summer's Dinosaur Flick
- 'A New Earth' Author Eckhart Tolle Says We Have An Addiction To Unhappiness (VIDEO)
- Lake Bell Reveals Pregnancy By Cradling Her Belly In Tight Jumpsuit At Vanity Fair Party