A Few Minutes with Feinberg: Where in the World Did They Find These Nominees? (Video)
THR's awards analyst explores the origins of this year's acting and directing Oscar nominees, many of whom hail from nations other than the United States.
Thanks for checking out the 16th episode of A Few Minutes With Feinberg, The Hollywood Reporter’s weekly video series in which I spend -- you guessed it -- a few minutes dissecting the race to the Academy Awards.
For this week's episode, I thought that it would be fun to highlight just how many of the acting and directing nominees for the 85th Oscars hail from countries other than the United States -- among them, Australia, Austria, Germany, England and Taiwan.
While we are unlikely to see a repeat of the 37th and 80th Oscars, the only two at which all four acting categories were won by non-Americans, it is quite possible that this year's total will approach that number.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Charli XCX's Sultry Backstreet Boys Cover Is The Ultimate #TBT
- Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Straw: 'Gone With The Wind's' Secret Curse History - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- ‘Serial' Fans Are Buzzing About Podcast Finale
- Brooke Shields: Hollywood Wasn't My Undoing, Loving My Alcoholic Mother Was - Pop Culture - TODAY.com
- Bill Murray Will Sing 'Bare Necessities' in 'Jungle Book' Reboot!
- 'Team America: World Police' Showings Cancelled By Paramount After Sony Hack Threats
- Kim Kardashian Has Not Yet Commented About the Man Who Spent a Shocking Amount to Look Just Like Her
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shows Some Love for Her Daughter Willow's Friend