ABC, ‘The Help’ Top Nominations for the NAACP Image Awards
Columbia Records, thanks to contributions from Beyonce and Adele, leads in the recording category.
ABC rules the TV nominees, Columbia Records leads the recording category and The Help was topsamong the film honorees for the 43rd annual NAACP Image Awards, announced Thursday during a live news conference at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills.
ABC, thanks to Grey's Anatomy and Modern Family, topped the TV side with 18 nominations, with CBS' 16 mentions coming in a close second picking up noms for The Good Wife and its daytime offerings.
On the film side, The Help racked up eight mentions for DreamWorks Pictures/Touchstone Pictures/ Participant Media and Focus Features' Pariah came in close behind with seven noms.
On the recording side, Columbia Records led the field with eight mentions thanks to contributions from Beyonce and Adele. Warner Bros. Records, with a handful of mentions for Jill Scott, followed with five.
Celebrating the accomplishments of people in color in television, music, literature and film, Vanessa Williams, Tracee Ellis Ross, Corey Reynolds and Craig Robinson announced the nominations.
Awards will be presented during a two-hour live broadcast set for 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 17 on NBC.
A complete list of nominees follows on the next page.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'