ABC, ‘The Help’ Top Nominations for the NAACP Image Awards
Columbia Records, thanks to contributions from Beyonce and Adele, leads in the recording category.
ABC rules the TV nominees, Columbia Records leads the recording category and The Help was topsamong the film honorees for the 43rd annual NAACP Image Awards, announced Thursday during a live news conference at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills.
ABC, thanks to Grey's Anatomy and Modern Family, topped the TV side with 18 nominations, with CBS' 16 mentions coming in a close second picking up noms for The Good Wife and its daytime offerings.
On the film side, The Help racked up eight mentions for DreamWorks Pictures/Touchstone Pictures/ Participant Media and Focus Features' Pariah came in close behind with seven noms.
On the recording side, Columbia Records led the field with eight mentions thanks to contributions from Beyonce and Adele. Warner Bros. Records, with a handful of mentions for Jill Scott, followed with five.
Celebrating the accomplishments of people in color in television, music, literature and film, Vanessa Williams, Tracee Ellis Ross, Corey Reynolds and Craig Robinson announced the nominations.
Awards will be presented during a two-hour live broadcast set for 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 17 on NBC.
A complete list of nominees follows on the next page.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film