Ang Lee Honored by 3D Society
The “Life Of Pi” director will receive the Harold Lloyd Award, the Society’s highest filmmaker recognition.
Life of Pi director Ang Lee will be honored with the Harold Lloyd Award, the International 3D Society’s highest filmmaker recognition. It will be presented at the society’s annual Creative Arts Awards, Feb. 6 at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
“Harold Lloyd was a life-long advocate for 3D movies, but the technology available to him could never bring this dream to life. In joining our previous honorees, James Cameron and Martin Scorsese, Mr. Lee has realized that dream, and has produced an extraordinary work of art with ‘Life of Pi,’” said Jim Chabin, president of the Society.
Life of Pi is Lee’s first 3D feature, and is based on the novel by Yann Martel. “With Life of Pi, he has produced an exquisite, enlightened and exciting storytelling achievement that ranks as one of the finest artistic works captured in 3D,” said Suzanne Lloyd, Lloyd’s granddaughter and chairman of Harold Lloyd Entertainment, in a statement.
Lee’s films include Brokeback Mountain, for which he won an Oscar for direction; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; Lust, Caution; The Wedding Banquet; Sense and Sensibility; and The Ice Storm.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game