Hollywood Film Awards to Honor 'Argo' Cast (Exclusive)
Ben Affleck, Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston and John Goodman will accept the Hollywood Ensemble Acting Award at the first awards show of the season.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the cast of Argo, the Ben Affleck-directed drama about the 1979-81 Iran hostage crisis, will receive the Hollywood Ensemble Acting Award at the 16th annual Hollywood Film Awards -- the first awards show of the 2012 Oscar season -- when its gala ceremony is held Oct. 22 at the Beverly Hilton. Representatives of the cast expected to attend the event include Affleck, Oscar winner Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston and John Goodman.
The Hollywood Film Awards, which are determined by Hollywood Film Festival founder and executive director Carlos de Abreu and his advisory team, recognize individuals for career achievement and work released within the calendar year. Previous recipients of the Hollywood Ensemble Acting Award include Crash (2005) -- which went on to win the best picture Oscar -- as well as Bobby (2006), Hairspray (2007), The Secret Life of Bees (2008) and best picture Oscar nominees The Social Network (2010) and The Help (2011).
De Abreu tells THR, "We are very proud to recognize the actors who form the cast of Argo for their outstanding performances in this special film."
Argo premiered at the Telluride Film Festival in early September. It was one of the best-received films there and at the Toronto International Film Festival later in the month. It will be released nationwide Oct. 12 by by Warner Bros.
THR recently revealed the identities of several other films and people who will be honored at this year's Hollywood Film Awards, including the recipients of the Hollywood Director Award, Hollywood Actress Award, Hollywood Supporting Actor Award, Hollywood Supporting Actress Award, Hollywood Producer Award, Hollywood Animation Award, Hollywood Comedy Award, New Hollywood Award, Hollywood Breakout Performance Award, Hollywood Cinematographer Award, Hollywood Editor Award, Hollywood Production Designer Award and Hollywood Visual Effects Award.
In the past nine years, Hollywood Film Awards honorees went on to garner a total of 85 Oscar nominations and 32 Oscars.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David