Hollywood Film Awards to Honor 'Argo' Cast (Exclusive)
Ben Affleck, Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston and John Goodman will accept the Hollywood Ensemble Acting Award at the first awards show of the season.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the cast of Argo, the Ben Affleck-directed drama about the 1979-81 Iran hostage crisis, will receive the Hollywood Ensemble Acting Award at the 16th annual Hollywood Film Awards -- the first awards show of the 2012 Oscar season -- when its gala ceremony is held Oct. 22 at the Beverly Hilton. Representatives of the cast expected to attend the event include Affleck, Oscar winner Alan Arkin, Bryan Cranston and John Goodman.
The Hollywood Film Awards, which are determined by Hollywood Film Festival founder and executive director Carlos de Abreu and his advisory team, recognize individuals for career achievement and work released within the calendar year. Previous recipients of the Hollywood Ensemble Acting Award include Crash (2005) -- which went on to win the best picture Oscar -- as well as Bobby (2006), Hairspray (2007), The Secret Life of Bees (2008) and best picture Oscar nominees The Social Network (2010) and The Help (2011).
De Abreu tells THR, "We are very proud to recognize the actors who form the cast of Argo for their outstanding performances in this special film."
Argo premiered at the Telluride Film Festival in early September. It was one of the best-received films there and at the Toronto International Film Festival later in the month. It will be released nationwide Oct. 12 by by Warner Bros.
THR recently revealed the identities of several other films and people who will be honored at this year's Hollywood Film Awards, including the recipients of the Hollywood Director Award, Hollywood Actress Award, Hollywood Supporting Actor Award, Hollywood Supporting Actress Award, Hollywood Producer Award, Hollywood Animation Award, Hollywood Comedy Award, New Hollywood Award, Hollywood Breakout Performance Award, Hollywood Cinematographer Award, Hollywood Editor Award, Hollywood Production Designer Award and Hollywood Visual Effects Award.
In the past nine years, Hollywood Film Awards honorees went on to garner a total of 85 Oscar nominations and 32 Oscars.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!