'Argo's Ben Affleck to Be Crowned 'Modern Master' at Santa Barbara Int'l Film Fest
The award -- SBIFF's highest honor -- will be presented to the director and star of 'Argo' on Jan. 26, during the first week of the fest's 28th installment.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival said Monday that Ben Affleck, the director and star of Warner Bros.' big Oscar contender Argo, will be presented with its highest honor, the Modern Master Award, on Jan 26. at Santa Barbara's historic Arlington Theatre.
The fest's 28th edition run Jan. 24 to Feb 3.
“Affleck has come into his own as a multidimensional artist with Argo," SBIFF executive director Roger Durling said in a statement. "He embodies what the Modern Master Award is all about, and we're thrilled to honor him this year."
First presented in 1995, the Modern Master Award aims to honor "an individual who has enriched our culture through his/her multifaceted accomplishments in the motion picture industry." Recipients include Michael Douglas, Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Diane Keaton, Sean Penn, Jeff Bridges, Peter Jackson, George Clooney, Will Smith, Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan and Christopher Plummer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack