'Argo's Ben Affleck to Be Crowned 'Modern Master' at Santa Barbara Int'l Film Fest
The award -- SBIFF's highest honor -- will be presented to the director and star of 'Argo' on Jan. 26, during the first week of the fest's 28th installment.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival said Monday that Ben Affleck, the director and star of Warner Bros.' big Oscar contender Argo, will be presented with its highest honor, the Modern Master Award, on Jan 26. at Santa Barbara's historic Arlington Theatre.
The fest's 28th edition run Jan. 24 to Feb 3.
“Affleck has come into his own as a multidimensional artist with Argo," SBIFF executive director Roger Durling said in a statement. "He embodies what the Modern Master Award is all about, and we're thrilled to honor him this year."
First presented in 1995, the Modern Master Award aims to honor "an individual who has enriched our culture through his/her multifaceted accomplishments in the motion picture industry." Recipients include Michael Douglas, Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Diane Keaton, Sean Penn, Jeff Bridges, Peter Jackson, George Clooney, Will Smith, Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan and Christopher Plummer.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Gwyneth Paltrow Granted Restraining Order Against Stalker After Multiple Scares
- Elizabeth Warren On Whether Women Are Treated Differently Than Men In Washington: 'Yep.'
- Amy Poehler & Tina Fey's 'The Nest' Will Open Opposite 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Robyn & Röyksopp Release Two New Songs From 'Do It Again' EP