'Argo's Ben Affleck to Be Crowned 'Modern Master' at Santa Barbara Int'l Film Fest
The award -- SBIFF's highest honor -- will be presented to the director and star of 'Argo' on Jan. 26, during the first week of the fest's 28th installment.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival said Monday that Ben Affleck, the director and star of Warner Bros.' big Oscar contender Argo, will be presented with its highest honor, the Modern Master Award, on Jan 26. at Santa Barbara's historic Arlington Theatre.
The fest's 28th edition run Jan. 24 to Feb 3.
“Affleck has come into his own as a multidimensional artist with Argo," SBIFF executive director Roger Durling said in a statement. "He embodies what the Modern Master Award is all about, and we're thrilled to honor him this year."
First presented in 1995, the Modern Master Award aims to honor "an individual who has enriched our culture through his/her multifaceted accomplishments in the motion picture industry." Recipients include Michael Douglas, Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Diane Keaton, Sean Penn, Jeff Bridges, Peter Jackson, George Clooney, Will Smith, Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan and Christopher Plummer.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!