'Argo's Ben Affleck to Be Crowned 'Modern Master' at Santa Barbara Int'l Film Fest
The award -- SBIFF's highest honor -- will be presented to the director and star of 'Argo' on Jan. 26, during the first week of the fest's 28th installment.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival said Monday that Ben Affleck, the director and star of Warner Bros.' big Oscar contender Argo, will be presented with its highest honor, the Modern Master Award, on Jan 26. at Santa Barbara's historic Arlington Theatre.
The fest's 28th edition run Jan. 24 to Feb 3.
“Affleck has come into his own as a multidimensional artist with Argo," SBIFF executive director Roger Durling said in a statement. "He embodies what the Modern Master Award is all about, and we're thrilled to honor him this year."
First presented in 1995, the Modern Master Award aims to honor "an individual who has enriched our culture through his/her multifaceted accomplishments in the motion picture industry." Recipients include Michael Douglas, Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Diane Keaton, Sean Penn, Jeff Bridges, Peter Jackson, George Clooney, Will Smith, Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan and Christopher Plummer.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama