'Argo's Ben Affleck to Be Crowned 'Modern Master' at Santa Barbara Int'l Film Fest
The award -- SBIFF's highest honor -- will be presented to the director and star of 'Argo' on Jan. 26, during the first week of the fest's 28th installment.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival said Monday that Ben Affleck, the director and star of Warner Bros.' big Oscar contender Argo, will be presented with its highest honor, the Modern Master Award, on Jan 26. at Santa Barbara's historic Arlington Theatre.
The fest's 28th edition run Jan. 24 to Feb 3.
“Affleck has come into his own as a multidimensional artist with Argo," SBIFF executive director Roger Durling said in a statement. "He embodies what the Modern Master Award is all about, and we're thrilled to honor him this year."
First presented in 1995, the Modern Master Award aims to honor "an individual who has enriched our culture through his/her multifaceted accomplishments in the motion picture industry." Recipients include Michael Douglas, Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Diane Keaton, Sean Penn, Jeff Bridges, Peter Jackson, George Clooney, Will Smith, Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan and Christopher Plummer.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!