'The Artist' Named Best Picture by Boston Film Critics
Brad Pitt, for "Moneyball," and Michelle Williams, for "My Week With Marilyn," take top acting honors.
The Artist got a big shout-out from the Boston Society of Film Critics, which named the silent movie its best picture of the year on Sunday.
Brad Pitt and Michelle Williams took the group's top acting honors for two portraits of real-life people. Pitt was voted best actor for playing Oakland A's manager Billy Beane in Moneyball, and Williams was named best actress for portraying Marilyn Monroe in My Week with Marilyn.
Albert Brooks was hailed as best supporting actor for Drive, while Melissa McCarthy claimed supporting actress honors for Bridesmaids.
The ensemble award went to the four-character, living-room drama Carnage.
Martin Scorsese was chosen best director for his 3D movie Hugo.
The Moneyball team of Steven Zaillian, Aaron Sorkin and Stan Chervin picked up the screenwriting award.
The Boston critics also voted: Best cinematography, Emmanuel Lubeski, The Tree of Life; best documentary, James Marsh's Project Nim; best foreign-language film, Dennis Villeneuve's Incendies; best animated film, Rango; best filming editing, Christian Marclay, The Clock; best new filmmaker, Sean Durkin, Martha Marcy May Marlene; best use of music in a film, Drive and The Artist.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Awards
- Rod McKuen, Oscar-Nominated Songwriter And Bestselling Poet, Dead At 81
- Marshawn Lynch Playing Rob Gronkowski In 'Mortal Kombat' Puts The Super Bowl To Shame
- The Soundtrack Of My Life: Chatting with Donny Osmond, Melissa Manchester, Louise Goffin, Meitel and Rumer
- Saying Goodbye To 'Parenthood' Is The Biggest Tear-Jerker Of All
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Sing Their Hearts Out at Sam Smith Concert with Kendall Jenner & Cara Delevingne
- Iggy Azalea Calls Steve Madden Photo Shoot 'Disgusting'
- Harry Connick Jr. Hilariously Belts Out Sia's 'Chandelier' on 'American Idol' - Watch Now!
- Kristin Chenoweth Steps Out for 'On The Twentieth Century' Photo Call with Peter Gallagher