'Avengers' Stars to Present at the Oscars
Five members of the blockbuster Marvel superhero franchise will appear on stage at the Dolby Theater on Feb. 24.
The next time the Avengers assemble, it will be in tuxedos, not spandex.
Academy Award show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced Wednesday that five members of the blockbuster superhero film will present at this year's Oscars. The actors -- Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and Chris Evans -- were part of a team that helped the Joss Whedon-directed Avengers earn more than $1.5 billion worldwide at the box office.
Four of the five presenting members have been nominated for Oscars previously, with Downey Jr. and Renner boasting two nominations apiece. Jackson was a co-star in this year's best picture-nominated Django Unchained.
The Avengers, which marked the culmination of the first phase of an expansive, multi-franchise comic movie universe built by Disney, is nominated at this year's Oscars for best visual effects.
The 2013 Oscars are being hosted by Seth MacFarlane. Previously announced presenters include last year's Oscar winners Meryl Streep, Jean Dujardin, Octavia Spencer and Christopher Plummer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack