'Avengers' Stars to Present at the Oscars
Five members of the blockbuster Marvel superhero franchise will appear on stage at the Dolby Theater on Feb. 24.
The next time the Avengers assemble, it will be in tuxedos, not spandex.
Academy Award show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced Wednesday that five members of the blockbuster superhero film will present at this year's Oscars. The actors -- Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and Chris Evans -- were part of a team that helped the Joss Whedon-directed Avengers earn more than $1.5 billion worldwide at the box office.
Four of the five presenting members have been nominated for Oscars previously, with Downey Jr. and Renner boasting two nominations apiece. Jackson was a co-star in this year's best picture-nominated Django Unchained.
The Avengers, which marked the culmination of the first phase of an expansive, multi-franchise comic movie universe built by Disney, is nominated at this year's Oscars for best visual effects.
The 2013 Oscars are being hosted by Seth MacFarlane. Previously announced presenters include last year's Oscar winners Meryl Streep, Jean Dujardin, Octavia Spencer and Christopher Plummer.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!