'Avengers' Stars to Present at the Oscars
Five members of the blockbuster Marvel superhero franchise will appear on stage at the Dolby Theater on Feb. 24.
The next time the Avengers assemble, it will be in tuxedos, not spandex.
Academy Award show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced Wednesday that five members of the blockbuster superhero film will present at this year's Oscars. The actors -- Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Downey Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and Chris Evans -- were part of a team that helped the Joss Whedon-directed Avengers earn more than $1.5 billion worldwide at the box office.
Four of the five presenting members have been nominated for Oscars previously, with Downey Jr. and Renner boasting two nominations apiece. Jackson was a co-star in this year's best picture-nominated Django Unchained.
The Avengers, which marked the culmination of the first phase of an expansive, multi-franchise comic movie universe built by Disney, is nominated at this year's Oscars for best visual effects.
The 2013 Oscars are being hosted by Seth MacFarlane. Previously announced presenters include last year's Oscar winners Meryl Streep, Jean Dujardin, Octavia Spencer and Christopher Plummer.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Awards
- The Power Rangers And Cookie Monster Fight To The Death, Naturally
- What The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Can Teach Us About Email Marketing
- Horatio Sanz On 'Saturday Night Live's' Politics: 'We Dropped The Ball' On Going After The Right
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother, Stephen Angelo Simpson, Arrested For Alleged Stabbing
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Hubby Marco Perego Step Out for Sunny Stroll After Taking On the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kourtney Kardashian: Mason & Penelope Love North West So Much!
- Gisele Bundchen Once Again Tops Forbes' List of Highest Paid Models, Has Had #1 Spot Since 2002!
- Robbie Amell Engaged To 'Chasing Life' Star Italia Ricci!