Ben Affleck Reflects on 'Once in a Lifetime' Awards Season in THR Exit Interview (Video)
Affleck describes his journey with "Argo," from September's Telluride Film Fest to this month's Oscars, as "one of the most meaningful experiences of my whole life."
During The Hollywood Reporter's recent Nominees Night at Spago, I pulled aside Argo director/producer/star Ben Affleck -- a best picture (if not best director) Oscar nominee this year and winner of the DGA, Critics' Choice and Golden Globe awards for best director -- for a brief chat about his amazing journey with the film. Thus far, it has taken him from the film's world premiere at last September's Telluride Film Festival to the Oscar nominees luncheon last Monday, with many other memorable stops in-between. The 40-year-old husband of Jennifer Garner and father of three young children calls it "one of the most meaningful experiences of my whole life" and says he is savoring every minute of it because it is "probably a once in a lifetime experience for me." (Check out the video at the top of this post for the full conversation.)
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts
- 7 Reasons Weird Al Won the Internet and Topped the Charts
- Dakota Fanning on 'Very Good Girl' Sex Scenes: 'I Wasn’t Very Uncomfortable With It'
- Lily Allen Dedicates 'As Long As I Got You' Music Video to Glastonbury Memories - Watch Now!
- Azealia Banks & Jourdan Dunn Are Navy Ladies for French Connection #NeverMissATrick Launch Party
- Jennifer Hudson Advises 'Don't Expect Respect When You Don't Respect Nothing!'