265 Films Eligible for Best Picture Oscar
Up to ten of the films meeting the category's criteria will be nominated for the Academy Award's top prize.
Two hundred sixty-five feature films are eligible to be nominated as best picture for the 84th annual Academy Awards.
To qualify, films must have a running time of at least 40 minutes, been exhibited theatrically on accepted digital or 35mm or 70mm film formats, and open in a commercial theater in Los Angeles County by midnight, Dec. 31 for a minimum seven-day engagement.
Best picture nominees will be announced Jan. 24, 2012, with the Oscar ceremony taking place Feb. 26.
Billy Crystal will host the ceremony. Brian Grazer and Don Mischer are telecast producers.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum