265 Films Eligible for Best Picture Oscar
Up to ten of the films meeting the category's criteria will be nominated for the Academy Award's top prize.
Two hundred sixty-five feature films are eligible to be nominated as best picture for the 84th annual Academy Awards.
To qualify, films must have a running time of at least 40 minutes, been exhibited theatrically on accepted digital or 35mm or 70mm film formats, and open in a commercial theater in Los Angeles County by midnight, Dec. 31 for a minimum seven-day engagement.
Best picture nominees will be announced Jan. 24, 2012, with the Oscar ceremony taking place Feb. 26.
Billy Crystal will host the ceremony. Brian Grazer and Don Mischer are telecast producers.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'