265 Films Eligible for Best Picture Oscar
Up to ten of the films meeting the category's criteria will be nominated for the Academy Award's top prize.
Two hundred sixty-five feature films are eligible to be nominated as best picture for the 84th annual Academy Awards.
To qualify, films must have a running time of at least 40 minutes, been exhibited theatrically on accepted digital or 35mm or 70mm film formats, and open in a commercial theater in Los Angeles County by midnight, Dec. 31 for a minimum seven-day engagement.
Best picture nominees will be announced Jan. 24, 2012, with the Oscar ceremony taking place Feb. 26.
Billy Crystal will host the ceremony. Brian Grazer and Don Mischer are telecast producers.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Awards
- Movie Review: A Walk Among the Tombstones
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!