Boston Critics Name 'Zero Dark Thirty' Best Film
Acting honors go to Daniel Day-Lewis, Emmanuelle Riva, Ezra Miller and Sally Field.
Zero Dark Thirty was named best film today by the Boston Society of Film Critics. The drama about the hunt for Osama bin Laden also won best director honors for Kathryn Bigelow as well as the prize for best film editing.
Lincoln also scored several awards, including best actor laurels for Daniel Day-Lewis, the supporting actress award for Sally Field, and best screenplay for Tony Kushner.
David France, the director of the documentary How to Survive a Plague, which documents the gay community’s response to the AIDS crisis, received two awards: best documentary and best new filmmaker.
The complete list of winners follows:
Best Picture - Zero Dark Thirty
Best Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis for Lincoln
Best Actress - Emmanuelle Riva for Amour
Best Supporting Actor - Ezra Miller for Perks of Being a Wallflower
Best Supporting Actress - Sally Field for Lincoln
Best Director - Kathryn Bigelow for Zero Dark Thirty
Best Screenplay - Tony Kushner for Lincoln
Best Cinematography - Mihai Malaimare Jr for The Master
Best Documentary - How to Survive a Plague
Best Foreign-Language Film - TBD
Best Animated Film - Frankenweenie
Best Film Editing (awarded in memory of Karen Schmeer) - William Goldenberg and Dylan Tichenor for Zero Dark Thirty
Best New Filmmaker (awarded in memory of David Brudnoy) - David France for How to Survive a Plague
Best Ensemble Cast - Seven Psychopaths
Best Use of Music in a Film - Moonrise Kingdom
What's Hot In Awards
- Netflix Wants Cary Fukunaga’s Beasts of No Nation, Starring Idris Elba
- Lorne Michaels Is Bringing Saturday Night Live to China
- Woman Accuses Bill Cosby of Raping Her Twice
- This Cut Saturday Night Live Fifty Shades of Grey Parody Answers the Question, ‘How Many Contractors Does It Take to Install a Sex Swing?’
- Jimmy Kimmel Takes On Anti-Vaxxers in Hilarious Sketch - Watch Now!
- People Behind 'The Dress' Divulge All the Details of What Happened on 'Ellen' - Watch Now!
- Hilary Duff on Life After Divorce: 'I Don't Know if People Are Meant to Be Together Forever'
- Carrie Underwood & Husband Mike Fisher Welcome Baby Boy Isaiah Michael!