'Bridesmaids' Cast to Present at 2012 Oscars
Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper and Wendi McLendon-Covey have been added to the lineup for the 84th Academy Awards.
The 84th Academy Awards telecast just got an extra boost of female funny power.
The Academy announced that the cast of Bridesmaids has been added as presenters for the Oscars. Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Melissa McCarthy, Rose Byrne, Ellie Kemper and Wendi McLendon-Covey will make their first Oscar show appearances on Sunday, Feb. 26.
McCarthy is also a nominee, receiving her first Oscar nomination for her supporting role in the comedy film. Star Kristen Wiig and co-writer Annie Mumolo are also nominated for best original screenplay.
Bridesmaids has already seen some success in the awards race, winning best comedy at the Critics' Choice Movie Awards and favorite comedy movie from the People's Choice Awards. The film was also nominated for nominations for best motion picture at the Golden Globes, and Wiig received a nom for best performance by an actress, motion picture comedy, at the Globes.
Billy Crystal will host the Oscars for the ninth time on Feb. 26. The full list of nominees was announced Tuesday, Jan. 24.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR