'The Butler' Trailer: Oprah Winfrey Plays 'Proud' Wife to Forest Whitaker (Video)
Lee Daniels' movie is inspired by a Washington Post article about a black man who served as White House butler to eight presidents.
The Weinstein Co. released the first trailer for Lee Daniels' forthcoming film The Butler, starring Forest Whitaker, on Tuesday.
The movie marks Oprah Winfrey's first big-screen appearance (other than voice roles in animated movies) since 1998's Beloved.
The movie's story is inspired by Wil Haygood’s Washington Post article about a black man who served as White House butler to eight presidents over three decades.
Winfrey plays the wife of Whitaker's character, the title role of butler Cecil Gaines.
The all-star cast also includes Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, James Marsden as John F. Kennedy, Minka Kelly as Jackie Kennedy, Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B. Johnson, Robin Williams as Dwight Eisenhower, Melissa Leo as Mamie Eisenhower, Orlando Eric Street as Barack Obama and Nelsan Ellis as Martin Luther King Jr.
Cuba Gooding Jr., Terrence Howard, Lenny Kravitz, David Oyelowo, Vanessa Redgrave and Alex Pettyfer also are among the ensemble.
The Butler -- which is being touted as a possible Oscar contender -- is set to hit theaters Oct. 18.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
What's Hot In Awards
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!