Calle 13 Grabs a Record 10 Latin Grammy Nominations
The Puerto Rican hip hop group received nominations for both album and record of the year. Shakira received three nominations.
The 12th annual Latin Grammy nominees were announced Wednesday morning, with Puerto Rican hip hop group Calle 13 grabbing a record 10 nominations.
In addition to nominations for record and album of the year, Calle 13 was also nominated for best urban music album and song of the year for LatinoAmerica.
The nominees for album of the year are Alex, Jorge Y Lena, Alex, Jorge Y Lena; Calle 13, Entren Los Que Quieran; Franco De Vita, En Primera Fila; Enrique Iglesias, Euphoria; and Shakira, Sale El Sol.
Record of the year nominees are Latinoamérica by Calle 13; Tan Sólo Tú by Franco De Vita with Alejandra Guzmán; Gritar by Luis Fonsi; Golpes En El Corazón by Los Tigres Del Norte; and Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tú by Ricky Martin featuring Natalia Jiménez.
Nominees for the best new artist category are Pablo Alborán (Spain), Max Capote (Uruguay/Argentina), Paula Fernandes (Brazil), Il Volo (Italy) and Sie7e (Puerto Rico).
Other artists receiving multiple nominations included Shakira, who received three nominations.
The awards will be handed out in Las Vegas on Nov. 10, with the ceremony being televised on Univision.
The complete list of nominees is available on the Latin Grammys website.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws