Cinema Audio Society Shifts Date of Nominations Announcement
To avoid competing with the Oscar spotlight, CAS will reveal its nominees two days earlier than planned on Jan. 8.
The Cinema Audio Society is moving up the date for its nominations announcement from Jan. 10 to Jan. 8 as the awards season calender continues to shift.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences kicked off the moves Tuesday when it announced it was moving the date of its nominations announcement up five days, to Jan. 10.
The Directors Guild of America responded quickly by moving the announcement of its film nominations from Jan. 10 to Jan. 8 so as not to be overshadowed by the Oscar noms.
The Cinema Audio Society, which will recognize outstanding sound mixing at its 49th annual CAS Awards, is the latest group to get out of the Academy’s way. All other dates and deadlines of the group’s awards schedule remain as previously announced.
The CAS Awards ceremony will be held Feb. 16 at the Millenium Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws