Cinema Audio Society Shifts Date of Nominations Announcement
To avoid competing with the Oscar spotlight, CAS will reveal its nominees two days earlier than planned on Jan. 8.
The Cinema Audio Society is moving up the date for its nominations announcement from Jan. 10 to Jan. 8 as the awards season calender continues to shift.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences kicked off the moves Tuesday when it announced it was moving the date of its nominations announcement up five days, to Jan. 10.
The Directors Guild of America responded quickly by moving the announcement of its film nominations from Jan. 10 to Jan. 8 so as not to be overshadowed by the Oscar noms.
The Cinema Audio Society, which will recognize outstanding sound mixing at its 49th annual CAS Awards, is the latest group to get out of the Academy’s way. All other dates and deadlines of the group’s awards schedule remain as previously announced.
The CAS Awards ceremony will be held Feb. 16 at the Millenium Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'