Sound Mixers Reveal Technical Achievement Award Nominees
Nominees include Barco’s Auro 11.1 and Dolby's Atmos; Winners will be announced Feb. 16 at the 49th Cinema Audio Society Awards.
The Cinema Audio Society has revealed its nominees for the 9th annual CAS Technical Achievement Awards for production and postproduction.
Nominees in the production category are Lectrosonics, for its WM watertight transmitter; PureBlend Software, Movieslate 3.8; Quantum5X, TapShoeMic; Sound Devices, 664 field production mixer with recorder; and Zaxcom, ERX2TCD IFB receiver.
Shortlisted in the category for postproduction technology are AMS Neve, for its DFC Gemini with Superstem mixing; Barco, Auro 11.1; Dolby, Atmos; iZotope, Insight; and Waves, WLM-Waves loudness meter.
Winners will be announced during the 49th annual CAS Awards, Feb. 16 at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel.
During the ceremony, CAS will present its awards for outstanding sound mixing in six categories. Additionally, production sound mixer Chris Newman will be honored with the CAS Career Achievement Award and director Jonathan Demme will receive the CAS Filmmaker Award.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR