Eddie Murphy Out, Brett Ratner Deuces: Who Should Replace the Oscar Team? (Poll)
THR wants to know who its readers think the Academy should tap next to replace the duo.
Once Brett Ratner was officially out, Hollywood was on the watch to see to what Eddie Murphy would do next. After all, he was hand picked to host the Oscar broadcast by his Tower Heist boss. Now, we know. The departure of the two men from the Oscars team blows the field of replacements wide open.
So, THR wants to know who you think should replace the producing-hosting team of Ratner and Murphy.
THR’s sources say that The Academy has already approached J. Edgar producer Brian Grazer to replace him. But, his ties to Tower Heist and Murphy’s departure means that the baton can be passed to a number of other people who could do the job.
Bill Condon, Bruce Cohen, and Adam Shankman have produced the broadcast and already know what they’d be getting in to. Though, Saturday Night Live producer Lorne Michaels may be an ideal replacement with his background in working with a short lead-time and robust rolodex of the biggest talent in Hollywood.
At the same time, The Academy has another staffing problem on its hands with Murphy stepping down on Wednesday morning. Will The Academy now go with an old pro like Billy Crystal, who has served as the host or co-host of the ceremony an impressive eight times? Or, will it once again tap new blood like it did with Murphy and last year’s hosting duo, James Franco and Anne Hathaway? Media magnate Oprah Winfrey was also once floated as a possible choice.
Here’s your chance to voice your thoughts on who should replace the Oscar team.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project