Emmy Ratings Down Among Viewers But Steady in Younger Demo
Fox's awards telecast is watched by 12.4 million people, down 8 percent year-over-year, but even in the 18-49 demo.
The 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards hosted by Glee's Jane Lynch held steady among the 18-49 demographic year-over year, but it was down 8 percent among total viewers.
According to Nielsen, 12.4 million viewers watched the live telecast on Fox. The 2010 Emmy telecast — which was broadcast Aug. 29 on NBC, therefore not facing competition from the NFL — was watched by 13.5 million viewers.
But this year's Emmys were on par among the 18-49 demographic, with a 4.2 rating.
In 2010, the Jimmy Fallon-hosted Emmy show, earned a 4.1 in the 18-49 demo, which was steady with 2009.
It was something of a reversal for the Emmy show, which had been on an uptick among total viewers for the last few years -- the 2009 telecast pulled in 13.47 million viewers.
As usual, the Emmy telecast had an NFL game to compete against. And NBC's Sunday Night Football matchup between the Philadelphia Eagles and Atlanta Falcons pulled in 21.5 million viewers with a 9.2 demo rating from 8:30-11 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)