Emmys 2011: Jane Lynch Jokes About Losing to Julie Bowen
"If I didn't have to host the rest of this show, I'd be eating a tub of turkey meatballs in the dark," she says.
Jane Lynch lost the outstanding supporting actress in a comedy series award to Modern Family's Julie Bowen -- and wasted no time making fun of herself.
"I'd like to amend what I said earlier about there being no winners or losers," the host said on stage. "There are losers and I am one," she deadpanned.
"If I didn't have to host the rest of the show, I'd be eating a tub of turkey meatballs at home… in the dark," she went on.
Modern Family was on a roll for the first three categories.
In addition to Bowen's win, Ty Burell won for outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series, and Michael Alan Spiller earned a nod for directing the "Halloween" episode of the ABC series.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR