Emmys 2011: Jane Lynch Sees Double in Musical Awards Open (Video)
The "Glee" actress gets a standing ovation for her musical number.
Host Jane Lynch opened the 63rd Annual Emmy Awards with a musical number that found her traveling past several stars of the small screen, including an extended stop on the sets of The Big Bang Theory and Mad Men.
Lynch surprised many with the notes she hit and the length of time in which she held them. Thank Fox for lip-syncing. The Emmy nominee took a stroll through TV’s past and present paying homage to the final seasons of Entourage with Jeremy Piven and Rex Lee, as well as a tour through the hallowed halls of Friday Night Lights. She then came face to face with her own character, Sue Sylvester.
Other opening number guests included Grey’s Anatomy’s Eric Dane, Parks and Recreation’s Nick Offerman, and even the stars of Discovery Channel’s Mythbusters.
The audience gave her a standing ovation, but what did you think of Lynch’s grand opening number?
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR