Emmys 2011: Jeff Conaway, 'Seinfeld's' Uncle Leo, among 'In Memoriam' Snubs
Every year, the TV academy fails to include several people in its tribute reel. This year, they announced a database to honor the departed.
Every year the In Memoriam video tribute to notable and departed members of the Hollywood community inevitably excludes one or two people. This year's segment's most notable snub was Taxi star Jeff Conaway.
Conaway, who battled substance addiction late in his life, passed away in May at age 60 due to complications from pneumonia.
Other people missing from the reel include actor Len Lesser, who played Uncle Leo on Seinfeld, Cosby Show actress Clarice Taylor and QVC host Jeanne Bice.
In a statement on its website, the TV Academy stated, "Due to inevitable time limitations, the producers of the telecast are not able to include all of the worthy television professionals who have passed away from year to year."
However, to combat the annual accusations of disrespect, the academy has announced a database on its website dedicated to honoring every member of the Hollywood community who has passed away.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot In Awards
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images