Emmys 2011: Jeff Conaway, 'Seinfeld's' Uncle Leo, among 'In Memoriam' Snubs
Every year, the TV academy fails to include several people in its tribute reel. This year, they announced a database to honor the departed.
Every year the In Memoriam video tribute to notable and departed members of the Hollywood community inevitably excludes one or two people. This year's segment's most notable snub was Taxi star Jeff Conaway.
Conaway, who battled substance addiction late in his life, passed away in May at age 60 due to complications from pneumonia.
Other people missing from the reel include actor Len Lesser, who played Uncle Leo on Seinfeld, Cosby Show actress Clarice Taylor and QVC host Jeanne Bice.
In a statement on its website, the TV Academy stated, "Due to inevitable time limitations, the producers of the telecast are not able to include all of the worthy television professionals who have passed away from year to year."
However, to combat the annual accusations of disrespect, the academy has announced a database on its website dedicated to honoring every member of the Hollywood community who has passed away.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR