Emmys 2011: 'The Office's' Rainn Wilson Angered By Steve Carell's Loss
"The world of TV should be ashamed," wrote the NBC star on Twitter.
Rainn Wilson, who plays the by-the-book paper salesman Dwight Schrute on NBC’s The Office has a bone to pick with the universe of TV for not handing Steve Carell a statuette for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.
“The world of TV should be ashamed of itself that Steve Carell never won an Emmy for Michael Gary Scott. Goodnight,” wrote Wilson on his Twitter.
On Sunday night at the 63rd Emmy Awards, the statuette instead went to The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons, who also won last year.
This would have been Carell’s last chance to take home an award for his work as The Office boss Michael Scott since he departed the show after the seventh season.
While this was Carell’s sixth nomination for an Emmy for his role on The Office, he never took home the statuette. He won a Golden Globe in 2006.
The NBC comedy won the Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series in 2006, but Wilson didn’t have high expectations for this year’s event, even though the show was again nominated.
“The Office has about zero chance of winning this year because the cast has been relegated to rows U & V,” he wrote on Twitter.
The eighth season of The Office will premiere on September 22 on NBC.
Carell's snub wasn't the only one that sparked outcry from fans. Other snubs included: Friday Night Light's Connie Britton, Dexter's Michael C. Hall, Boardwalk Empire's Steve Buscemi and Glee's Jane Lynch. Lynch also hosted the show, and was quick to make fun of her own loss, saying "If I didn't have to host the rest of the show, I'd be eating a tub of turkey meatballs at home… in the dark."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead