Emmys 2012: Parker Posey Offers Tutorial on the Perfect Acceptance Speech (Video)
In a new viral clip from the TV Academy, the actress showcases the various styles of winning and the most graceful way to lose.
In the grand tradition of awards show viral videos, Parker Posey is helping promote this Sunday's Primetime Emmy Awards with the Emmy Speech Master Class.
The actress, whose recent TV credits include The Good Wife, Louie and an upcoming guest appearance in the upcoming season premiere of New Girl, plays JAN -- which stands for "Just Act, Naturally."
She schools her students on the various styles of winning -- crying, made up languages, hula hoops, show pitching, pretending to know Bryan Cranston -- while critiquing their own attempts.
"I recommend a nodding strategy while the winner's name is being announced," she says, before throwing actual eggs in the faces of the unlucky nominees.
Watch the video below:
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- 'Ouija' Movie Stars Attend Spooky Seance with Their Celeb Pals (Exclusive Video!)
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Settle Lawsuit Against Tabloid Publishing False Stories
- Renee Zellweger Brings Her Boyfriend Doyle Bramhall II to Elle Women in Hollywood Event!
- Nikki Reed & Emmy Rossum Stun at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration