Emmys 2012: Parker Posey Offers Tutorial on the Perfect Acceptance Speech (Video)
In a new viral clip from the TV Academy, the actress showcases the various styles of winning and the most graceful way to lose.
In the grand tradition of awards show viral videos, Parker Posey is helping promote this Sunday's Primetime Emmy Awards with the Emmy Speech Master Class.
The actress, whose recent TV credits include The Good Wife, Louie and an upcoming guest appearance in the upcoming season premiere of New Girl, plays JAN -- which stands for "Just Act, Naturally."
She schools her students on the various styles of winning -- crying, made up languages, hula hoops, show pitching, pretending to know Bryan Cranston -- while critiquing their own attempts.
"I recommend a nodding strategy while the winner's name is being announced," she says, before throwing actual eggs in the faces of the unlucky nominees.
Watch the video below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game