Emmys: Elton John to Perform Liberace Tribute
This marks the first appearance for the singer at the TV awards show.
Elton John is hitting the stage at the Emmy Awards for the very first time.
The singer will perform a tribute to the late Liberace at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards, which will be broadcast Sunday, Sept. 22, on CBS.
HBO's telepic Behind the Candelabra, starring Michael Douglas and Matt Damon, has been nominated for 15 Emmys this year. Both Douglas and Damon, who are nominees in the lead actor in a miniseries or movie category, are scheduled to present during the telecast.
The Emmys will be broadcast live coast-to-coast from 8-11 p.m. ET/5-8 p.m. PT from the Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live.
John's upcoming T Bone Burnett-produced album, The Diving Board, will be released Sept. 24.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead