Emmys: Elton John to Perform Liberace Tribute
This marks the first appearance for the singer at the TV awards show.
Elton John is hitting the stage at the Emmy Awards for the very first time.
The singer will perform a tribute to the late Liberace at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards, which will be broadcast Sunday, Sept. 22, on CBS.
HBO's telepic Behind the Candelabra, starring Michael Douglas and Matt Damon, has been nominated for 15 Emmys this year. Both Douglas and Damon, who are nominees in the lead actor in a miniseries or movie category, are scheduled to present during the telecast.
The Emmys will be broadcast live coast-to-coast from 8-11 p.m. ET/5-8 p.m. PT from the Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live.
John's upcoming T Bone Burnett-produced album, The Diving Board, will be released Sept. 24.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR