Emmys: Elton John to Perform Liberace Tribute
This marks the first appearance for the singer at the TV awards show.
Elton John is hitting the stage at the Emmy Awards for the very first time.
The singer will perform a tribute to the late Liberace at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards, which will be broadcast Sunday, Sept. 22, on CBS.
HBO's telepic Behind the Candelabra, starring Michael Douglas and Matt Damon, has been nominated for 15 Emmys this year. Both Douglas and Damon, who are nominees in the lead actor in a miniseries or movie category, are scheduled to present during the telecast.
The Emmys will be broadcast live coast-to-coast from 8-11 p.m. ET/5-8 p.m. PT from the Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live.
John's upcoming T Bone Burnett-produced album, The Diving Board, will be released Sept. 24.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!