Emmys Red Carpet: Red Dresses Dominate
Sofia Vergara, Connie Britton and Kerry Washington were among the actresses who sizzled Sunday with bright, sexy gowns.
Who says you can't wear red on the red carpet?
Modern Family's Sofia Vergara, Friday Night Lights' Connie Britton and Scandal star Kerry Washington were among the actresses who threw stylists' unspoken rule about "blending into" the red carpet to the wind with sexy, clingy scarlet dresses at the 63rd annual Emmy Awards.
Vergara chose a one-shoulder Vera Wang jersey gown for the event, which saw her ABC comedy win five awards, including outstanding comedy series.
Britton opted for a rusty red strapless chiffon gown with a daring slit. Washington 's beaded strapless scarlet gown had a sheer skirt that gave the illusion of bareness.
Kate Winslet (in Elle Sabe), The Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev, The Office's Angela Kinsey and Glee's Lea Michele (in Marchesa) also chose red gowns for the occasion.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- 'Teen Wolf' Fans Can Barely Contain Their Excitement At Comic Con
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day