Emmys: Stephen Colbert Derides Jimmy Fallon for Including Him in 'For Your Consideration' Package (Video)
The Comedy Central host declares, "How could you? You're trying to beat me with me!"
Stephen Colbert has gone on the attack against his faux-nemesis Jimmy Fallon.
The Comedy Central host derided his late night TV counterpart Wednesday night for including him as part of the Late Night With Jimmy Fallon's "For Your Consideration" Emmy package.
In a segment called "Who's Riding My Coattails Now?," Colbert combed through the packet NBC sent to Emmy voters and zeroed in on the Late Night page, which included a picture of Colbert guest starring on the program (he and Fallon sang Rebecca Black's viral hit "Friday").
The Colbert Report and Late Night With Jimmy Fallon are both classified in various variety, music or comedy series categories, pitting them against each other and long-running champ The Daily Show With Jon Stewart.
Colbert said, "How could you?! We're competing in the same category, Jimmy. You're trying to beat me with me!
"My picture is clearly sending the subliminal message, 'Stephen Colbert thinks Jimmy Fallon should have an Emmy.' Well I do not think that."
Earlier in the show, Colbert pulled out his "Emmy Advent Calendar" that allows him to count down the hundred-plus days remaining until the Emmy Awards on Sept. 18.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR