'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' Director Stephen Daldry to Be Honored at Palm Springs Film Festival
The three-time Oscar nominee will receive the award at a gala Jan. 7.
Stephen Daldry will be honored as Director of the Year for his work on Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close at the Palm Springs International Film Festival’s Awards Gala on Jan. 7 at the Palm Springs Convention Center.
“Stephen Daldry has garnered international acclaim as a director, bringing his consummate skill to both the cinema and stage,” festival chairman Harold Matzner said. “In his latest work, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, he directs a virtuoso cast in the story of a young boy who, after losing his father on 9/11, goes on a quest to learn what an unusual key found in his father’s possessions may unlock. This journey then becomes a metaphor for the need of a child to maintain a close bond with a loved one who died tragically and too soon."
A three time Oscar nominee, Daldry also has directed Billy Elliot, The Hours and The Reader.
The festival itself runs Jan. 5-16.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Starring Shirtless Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson is Here & It's Super Steamy - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Morrison Arrives On Set for 'Once Upon a Time' & It's Getting Us Pumped for Season Four!
- Karlie Kloss Reveals the Secret to Her Amazing Abs