'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' Director Stephen Daldry to Be Honored at Palm Springs Film Festival
The three-time Oscar nominee will receive the award at a gala Jan. 7.
Stephen Daldry will be honored as Director of the Year for his work on Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close at the Palm Springs International Film Festival’s Awards Gala on Jan. 7 at the Palm Springs Convention Center.
“Stephen Daldry has garnered international acclaim as a director, bringing his consummate skill to both the cinema and stage,” festival chairman Harold Matzner said. “In his latest work, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, he directs a virtuoso cast in the story of a young boy who, after losing his father on 9/11, goes on a quest to learn what an unusual key found in his father’s possessions may unlock. This journey then becomes a metaphor for the need of a child to maintain a close bond with a loved one who died tragically and too soon."
A three time Oscar nominee, Daldry also has directed Billy Elliot, The Hours and The Reader.
The festival itself runs Jan. 5-16.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'