'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' Director Stephen Daldry to Be Honored at Palm Springs Film Festival
The three-time Oscar nominee will receive the award at a gala Jan. 7.
Stephen Daldry will be honored as Director of the Year for his work on Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close at the Palm Springs International Film Festival’s Awards Gala on Jan. 7 at the Palm Springs Convention Center.
“Stephen Daldry has garnered international acclaim as a director, bringing his consummate skill to both the cinema and stage,” festival chairman Harold Matzner said. “In his latest work, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, he directs a virtuoso cast in the story of a young boy who, after losing his father on 9/11, goes on a quest to learn what an unusual key found in his father’s possessions may unlock. This journey then becomes a metaphor for the need of a child to maintain a close bond with a loved one who died tragically and too soon."
A three time Oscar nominee, Daldry also has directed Billy Elliot, The Hours and The Reader.
The festival itself runs Jan. 5-16.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)