'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' Trailer: Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock Star (Video)
The film, based on Jonathan Safron Foer's novel, features 13-year-old "Jeopardy" winner Thomas Horn in his acting debut.
The Stephen Daldry-directed drama Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is already garnering Academy buzz, with The Hollywood Reporter’s official awards blogger Scott Feinberg projecting it as a Best Picture frontrunner.
FEINBERG FORECAST: Christopher Plummer, Glenn Close, Brad Pitt, Viola Davis, Leonardo DiCaprio in Hunt for First Oscars
In his feature film debut, 13-year-old Jeopardy winner Thomas Horn stars as a young boy who loses his father in the Sept. 11th attacks. Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks play his doting parents.
STORY: 13-Year-Old Jeopardy Winner Cast in ‘Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close’
Following the sudden death of his father, Horn’s character scours New York City to find a lock that fits one mysterious key that his dad left behind. Viola Davis, John Goodman and James Gandolfini also star in the project, which will have a limited opening on Dec. 25, followed by a Jan. 20 national release.
The film is an adaptation of Jonathan Safran Foer’s 2005 novel of the same name. Watch the trailer below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences