Hollywood Film Awards to Honor Rising Stars from 'Flight,' 'Les Mis,' 'Not Fade Away,' More (Exclusive)
This year's six Hollywood Spotlight Award recipients hail from all around the world and range in age from 16 to 35.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned the identities of the six actors and actresses who will each receive a Hollywood Spotlight Award, which honors the year's most promising rising stars, at the 16th annual Hollywood Film Awards -- the first awards show of the 2012 Oscar season -- when its gala ceremony is held Oct. 22 at the Beverly Hilton: 22-year-old Manx Samantha Barks (Les Miserables), 24-year-old Aussie Bella Heathcote (Not Fade Away), 16-year-old Brit Tom Holland (The Impossible), 29-year-old American John Magaro (Not Fade Away), 20-year-old American Ezra Miller (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) and 35-year-old Brit Kelly Reilly (Flight).
The Hollywood Film Awards are a part of the Hollywood Film Festival and are determined by HFF founder and executive director Carlos de Abreu and his advisory team. De Abreu tells THR, "We are very excited that we will be able to recognize these great acting talents while they are still on the road to discovery and stardom."
Previous recipients of the Hollywood Spotlight Award -- which was first presented in 2008 as the "New Hollywood Award" -- include Berenice Bejo (The Artist), Jean Dujardin (The Artist), Elle Fanning (Super 8), Amber Heard (The Rum Diary), Milla Jovovich (Stone), Mila Kunis (Black Swan), Melanie Lynskey (Up in the Air), Leighton Meester (Country Strong), Robert Pattinson (Twilight), Barry Pepper (Casino Jack), Noomi Rapace (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Andrea Riseborough (W.E), Paul Schneider (Bright Star), Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) and Anton Yelchin (Like Crazy).
THR recently revealed the identities of several other films and people who will be honored at this year's Hollywood Film Awards, including the recipients of the Hollywood Ensemble Acting Award, Hollywood Director Award, Hollywood Actor Award, Hollywood Actress Award, Hollywood Supporting Actor Award, Hollywood Supporting Actress Award, Hollywood Producer Award, Hollywood Screenwriter Award, Hollywood Animation Award, Hollywood Comedy Award, New Hollywood Award, Hollywood Breakout Performance Award, Hollywood Breakthrough Director Award, Hollywood Cinematographer Award, Hollywood Editor Award, Hollywood Production Designer Award, Hollywood Visual Effects Award and Hollywood Career Achievement Award.
In the past nine years, Hollywood Film Awards honorees went on to garner a total of 85 Oscar nominations and 32 Oscars.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts
- 7 Reasons Weird Al Won the Internet and Topped the Charts
- Dakota Fanning on 'Very Good Girl' Sex Scenes: 'I Wasn’t Very Uncomfortable With It'
- Lily Allen Dedicates 'As Long As I Got You' Music Video to Glastonbury Memories - Watch Now!
- Azealia Banks & Jourdan Dunn Are Navy Ladies for French Connection #NeverMissATrick Launch Party
- Jennifer Hudson Advises 'Don't Expect Respect When You Don't Respect Nothing!'