Foley Artist John Roesch to Receive Career Achievement Award From Sound Editors
His credits include "The Dark Knight Rises," "Inception," and the "Matrix" trilogy.
Foley artist John Roesch will receive a Career Achievement Award at the Motion Picture Sound Editors’ 60th Golden Reel Awards on Feb. 17.
As the first Foley artist to receive this award, Roesch has produced sound effects for films including The Dark Knight Rises, The Dark Knight, The Matrix trilogy and Inception.
“As a Foley artist, John’s art is so subtle that movie-goers may not recognize it, and yet it is an essential element in creating the environment, atmosphere and mood of films,” said MPSE president Bobbi Banks. “Even after 30 years, he continues to innovate and push the boundaries of his craft.”
Roesch previously received two Golden Reel Awards for The Dark Knight and The Matrix, alongside more than a dozen nominations. He has worked on 16 Academy-Award winning films for best sound and best sound editing.
The 60th Golden Reel Awards will be held on Feb. 17 at the L.A. Westin Bonaventure.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR