Golden Globes 2013: Aziz Ansari Spoofs the Red Carpet, Makes a Fashion Faux Pas and a New Dance
The "Parks and Recreation" star livened up the red carpet in an exchange that kept host Giuliana Rancic dancing.
Count on Aziz Ansari to keep things real.
The Parks and Recreation star stopped for an interview with E!'s Giuliana Rancic Sunday evening on the red carpet at the Golden Globes, where he poked fun at the glitz and glamour of the event. When Rancic asked her go-to question, "Who are you wearing?" Ansari showed himself to be an expert in fashion, citing "Kevin Dior" as the designer of his tuxedo.
He soon realized his error -- the correct label is Christian Dior -- but had some fun with it nonetheless. "Kevin works at a Home Depot in Burbank," he cracked.
Then, Rancic tried to induce Ansari to walk his fingers down the "Mani Cam," which simulates a tiny red carpet experience for one's fingers. "Someone built that?!" he burst out, laughing at the very concept.
Rancic decided to change the subject, asking him how many times he'd been to the Globes. Again, he poked fun at the peculiarities and excesses of awards season.
"I don't know. All these things kind of blur together," Ansari remarked.
When Rancic asked Ansari to show her a new dance move, he faked incredulity, cracking, "Because of my chocolate skin tone?" Finally acquiescing, the comedian decided to show her a move called "What? That's racist."
All Rancic could do is laugh along.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany To Make NY Stage Debut in 'The Way We Get By'!
- Ariana Grande 'So Proud' of Brother Frankie for Booking 'Rock of Ages' Role
- Michelle Williams & Marion Cotillard Celebrate the Foundation Louis Vuitton Opening!
- Matthew Morrison's Wedding Photo to Renee Puente Revealed - See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!