Golden Globes 2013: Aziz Ansari Spoofs the Red Carpet, Makes a Fashion Faux Pas and a New Dance
The "Parks and Recreation" star livened up the red carpet in an exchange that kept host Giuliana Rancic dancing.
Count on Aziz Ansari to keep things real.
The Parks and Recreation star stopped for an interview with E!'s Giuliana Rancic Sunday evening on the red carpet at the Golden Globes, where he poked fun at the glitz and glamour of the event. When Rancic asked her go-to question, "Who are you wearing?" Ansari showed himself to be an expert in fashion, citing "Kevin Dior" as the designer of his tuxedo.
He soon realized his error -- the correct label is Christian Dior -- but had some fun with it nonetheless. "Kevin works at a Home Depot in Burbank," he cracked.
Then, Rancic tried to induce Ansari to walk his fingers down the "Mani Cam," which simulates a tiny red carpet experience for one's fingers. "Someone built that?!" he burst out, laughing at the very concept.
Rancic decided to change the subject, asking him how many times he'd been to the Globes. Again, he poked fun at the peculiarities and excesses of awards season.
"I don't know. All these things kind of blur together," Ansari remarked.
When Rancic asked Ansari to show her a new dance move, he faked incredulity, cracking, "Because of my chocolate skin tone?" Finally acquiescing, the comedian decided to show her a move called "What? That's racist."
All Rancic could do is laugh along.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR