Golden Globes 2013: Aziz Ansari Spoofs the Red Carpet, Makes a Fashion Faux Pas and a New Dance
The "Parks and Recreation" star livened up the red carpet in an exchange that kept host Giuliana Rancic dancing.
Count on Aziz Ansari to keep things real.
The Parks and Recreation star stopped for an interview with E!'s Giuliana Rancic Sunday evening on the red carpet at the Golden Globes, where he poked fun at the glitz and glamour of the event. When Rancic asked her go-to question, "Who are you wearing?" Ansari showed himself to be an expert in fashion, citing "Kevin Dior" as the designer of his tuxedo.
He soon realized his error -- the correct label is Christian Dior -- but had some fun with it nonetheless. "Kevin works at a Home Depot in Burbank," he cracked.
Then, Rancic tried to induce Ansari to walk his fingers down the "Mani Cam," which simulates a tiny red carpet experience for one's fingers. "Someone built that?!" he burst out, laughing at the very concept.
Rancic decided to change the subject, asking him how many times he'd been to the Globes. Again, he poked fun at the peculiarities and excesses of awards season.
"I don't know. All these things kind of blur together," Ansari remarked.
When Rancic asked Ansari to show her a new dance move, he faked incredulity, cracking, "Because of my chocolate skin tone?" Finally acquiescing, the comedian decided to show her a move called "What? That's racist."
All Rancic could do is laugh along.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!