'The Artist' Producer Pairing Jean DuJardin and Vincent Cassel in Next Film
Thomas Langmann tells THR about joining two of France's greatest leading men for his next project.
Thomas Langmann, the original French producer of The Artist, was in attendance at Saturday's BAFTA team, where he spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about his next project.
It's a remake of One Wild Moment, the 1977 French romantic comedy by Claude Berri, which was previously remade in America as Blame It On Rio.
He'll pair The Artist star Jean DuJardin with France's other major leading man, Vincent Cassel, as best friends -- until one of their daughter's falls in love with dad's best friend. Langmann worked with Cassel in the two parts of Mesrine: Killer Instinct, which he also produced.
And it turns out the Langmann is the son of Berri, one of France's most famous actors, writers and directors. Berri produced two of the most iconic French films of all time: Jean de Florette and Manon of the Spring, and made many other films, as well as acting in them.
"My father won an Oscar in 1965," Langmann told THR. "But he didn't have the money to fly over and accept it, so it was mailed to him. When I was 25 years old, he gave the Oscar to me. Then my brother was dating Marion Cotillard when she won her Oscar. So I am hoping all of these things are omens in a way."
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Awards
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Interview: Sinéad O'Connor Isn't Bossy; She's the Boss
- Pregnant Mila Kunis Is Still Continuing Her Yoga Workouts
- Pregnant Megan Hilty & Her Hubby 'Bully' Audiences Into Buying Her Album to Help Pay For Their Baby's Education!
- Kim Kardashian Satisfies Her Sweet Tooth with Some Fro-Yo
- Mary-Kate Olsen Adds Horseback Riding to Her Resume - See Her Competition Pics!