'The Artist' Producer Pairing Jean DuJardin and Vincent Cassel in Next Film
Thomas Langmann tells THR about joining two of France's greatest leading men for his next project.
Thomas Langmann, the original French producer of The Artist, was in attendance at Saturday's BAFTA team, where he spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about his next project.
It's a remake of One Wild Moment, the 1977 French romantic comedy by Claude Berri, which was previously remade in America as Blame It On Rio.
He'll pair The Artist star Jean DuJardin with France's other major leading man, Vincent Cassel, as best friends -- until one of their daughter's falls in love with dad's best friend. Langmann worked with Cassel in the two parts of Mesrine: Killer Instinct, which he also produced.
And it turns out the Langmann is the son of Berri, one of France's most famous actors, writers and directors. Berri produced two of the most iconic French films of all time: Jean de Florette and Manon of the Spring, and made many other films, as well as acting in them.
"My father won an Oscar in 1965," Langmann told THR. "But he didn't have the money to fly over and accept it, so it was mailed to him. When I was 25 years old, he gave the Oscar to me. Then my brother was dating Marion Cotillard when she won her Oscar. So I am hoping all of these things are omens in a way."
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg
- Check Out the Real-Life Better Call Saul Billboard
- Everything We Know About the Production of Game of Thrones Season 5
- The Real Housewives of New York City Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Drescher Threw Her Leg