'The Artist' Producer Pairing Jean DuJardin and Vincent Cassel in Next Film
Thomas Langmann tells THR about joining two of France's greatest leading men for his next project.
Thomas Langmann, the original French producer of The Artist, was in attendance at Saturday's BAFTA team, where he spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about his next project.
It's a remake of One Wild Moment, the 1977 French romantic comedy by Claude Berri, which was previously remade in America as Blame It On Rio.
He'll pair The Artist star Jean DuJardin with France's other major leading man, Vincent Cassel, as best friends -- until one of their daughter's falls in love with dad's best friend. Langmann worked with Cassel in the two parts of Mesrine: Killer Instinct, which he also produced.
And it turns out the Langmann is the son of Berri, one of France's most famous actors, writers and directors. Berri produced two of the most iconic French films of all time: Jean de Florette and Manon of the Spring, and made many other films, as well as acting in them.
"My father won an Oscar in 1965," Langmann told THR. "But he didn't have the money to fly over and accept it, so it was mailed to him. When I was 25 years old, he gave the Oscar to me. Then my brother was dating Marion Cotillard when she won her Oscar. So I am hoping all of these things are omens in a way."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack