Amusing Parallels Between Iowa Caucus Contenders and Oscar Contenders (Opinion)
And you thought that Rick Perry and Jean Dujardin had nothing in common?!
In honor of this evening's Iowa caucuses, which officially kick off the 2012 election season, I have decided to share some amusing parallels that I've noticed between this year's presidential contenders and several of this year's Oscar contenders.
Newt Gingrich, a guy who was a big deal years ago, fell out of popular favor, but is now being hailed as a comeback kid (while remaining a ticking time-bomb that could go off at any moment)... sounds a little like Warrior star Nick Nolte, no?
Rick Santorum, a guy who people used to laugh at, but who recently came out of nowhere and is now regarded as a serious contender... sounds a little like Moneyball star Jonah Hill, no?
Ron Paul, a pleasant-enough older gentleman whose eyebrows are absolutely out of control... sounds a little like Hugo director Martin Scorsese, no?
John Huntsman, a guy who sounds to most people like a completely reasonable option, but who nobody seems to want to actually vote for... sounds a little like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy star Gary Oldman, no?
Gary Johnson, a guy who virtually nobody has ever heard of and/or would recognize if they bumped into him... sounds a little like A Better Life star Demian Bichir, no?
Rick Perry, a guy who has yet to demonstrate a real mastery of the English language... sounds a little like The Artist star Jean Dujardin, no?
Michele Bachmann, a complete and utter whackjob oblivious to social norms... sounds a little like Melissa McCarthy -- or at least the character that she plays in Bridesmaids -- no?
Mitt Romney, a guy who most voters don't seem to love (based on the results of past campaigns), but who they'll probably end up voting for anyway, for lack of a better option... sounds a little like Beginners star Christopher Plummer, no?
And, of course, Barack Obama, a guy who 50% of the population loves and the other 50% of the population wants to be... sounds a little like The Descendants star and The Ides of March co-writer/director George Clooney, no?
May the best man (or woman) win!
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Elizabeth Banks Dishes on 'Pitch Perfect 2': The Bellas Have Gotten Too Big for Their Britches
- Evan Rachel Wood Has the Coolest Backpack Ever Because It Looks Like R2D2!
- Hercules' Irina Shayk Leaves Craig Ferguson Speechless - Watch Now
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million