'The Help' and 'Mad Men' Win Hollywood Post Alliance Awards
Cyril Drabinsky, CEO of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, is honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
The Help, The Social Network, The Green Lantern and Transformers: Dark of the Moon were all winners Thursday night as the Hollywood Post Alliance held its sixth annual HPA Awards at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles.
The HPA, the post-production community’s professional organization, also presented a Lifetime Achievement Award to Cyril Drabinsky, president and CEO of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group.
Engineering Excellence Awards were handed out to Dolby Laboratories for its Professional Reference monitor; Sony Professional Solutions of America for its OLED monitor; Lightcraft Technology for Previzion; and IBM for its Linear Tape File System.
The Judges Award for Creativity and Innovation went to Testronic Labs for its File-Based QC Lab and to Steven J. Scott of EFILM for The Tree of Life’s DI Environment.
The HPA Awards, which honor talent working behind the scenes in motion pictures, television and commercials, also recognized work in the TV series Mad Men, Downton Abbey, House and Boardwalk Empire.
The winners of the 2011 Hollywood Post Alliance Awards are:
Outstanding Color Grading using a DI process – Feature Film
Steven J. Scott // EFILM
Outstanding Color Grading – Television
Mad Men – Blowing Smoke
Tim Vincent // LaserPacific
Outstanding Color Grading – Commercial
Siggy Ferstl // Company 3
Outstanding Editing – Feature Film
The Social Network
Angus Wall, A.C.E. and Kirk Baxter, A.C.E.
Outstanding Editing – Television
Downton Abbey – Series 1 Episode 1
John Wilson, A.C.E. // Carnival Film & Television
Outstanding Editing – Commercial
American Express “Curtain”
Chris Franklin // Big Sky Editorial
Outstanding Sound – Feature Film
John Reitz, Gregg Rudloff and Rick Kline // Warner Bros. Post Production Service
Per Hallberg and Karen Baker Landers // Soundelux
Outstanding Sound – Television
House – Bombshells
Brad North, Joe DeAngelis, Luis Galdames and Jackie Oster // Universal Studios Sound
Outstanding Sound – Commercial
Dream House “Trailer #1”
David Brolin // Universal Studios Sound
Bill Neil // Buddha Jones Trailers
Outstanding Compositing – Feature Film
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Jeff Sutherland, Jason Billington, Chris Balog and Ben O’Brien // Industrial Light & Magic
Outstanding Compositing – Television
Boardwalk Empire – Boardwalk Empire
Paul Graff, Brian Sales, Merysa Nichols and Jesse Siglow // Crazy Horse Effects, Inc.
Outstanding Compositing – Commercial
Dan Glass, Gabby Gourrier, Chris Bankoff and Jeff Willette // Method Studios
Lifetime Achievement Award
Cyril Drabinsky, President and CEO of Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.
Engineering Excellence Award
Dolby Laboratories // Professional Reference Monito
Sony Professional Solutions of America // OLED Monitor
Lightcraft Technology // Previzion
IBM // Linear Tape File System
Judges Award for Creativity and Innovation
Testronic Labs // File-Based QC Lab
Steven J. Scott of EFILM // Tree of Life DI Environment
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe
- Now That You've Seen Snowpiercer, Which Other Movies Should You Watch From Director Bong Joon-ho?
- Hannibal Producers on Clarice Starling’s Arrival and Who Survived the Massacre
- Morgan Freeman Tries Helium Again for Jimmy Fallon
- Ian Somerhalder Heads to Comic-Con After Looking Lovey Dovey with Rumored Girlfriend Nikki Reed
- Matt Bomer Accidentally Gropes Liv Tyler in 'Space Station 76' Trailer
- Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale Head on Vacation with Family!
- Mad Men's Jessica Pare Takes Advantage of Her Free Time After Filming Wraps!