Hollywood Film Awards Honorees Announced (Exclusive)
Christopher Plummer, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Jessica Chastain and Felicity Jones are among the list of recipients who will be feted at the 15th annual gala ceremony on Oct. 24.
I have learned that the 15th annual Hollywood Film Festival and Hollywood Film Awards, presented by Starz Entertainment, will honor Christopher Plummer (Beginners) with its Hollywood Supporting Actor Award, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (50/50) with its Hollywood Breakthrough Actor Award, Jessica Chastain (Coriolanus, The Debt, The Help, Take Shelter, and The Tree of Life) with its Hollywood Breakthrough Actress Award, and Felicity Jones (Like Crazy) with its New Hollywood Award. Each of the actors will be present to collect a statuette at the Hollywood Awards Gala Ceremony, which will take place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills on October 24, 2011.
This year's recipients follows in formidable footsteps. Plummer's award has previously gone to Geoffrey Rush, Matthew Broderick, Ben Affleck, John Travolta, Christoph Waltz, and Sam Rockwell, among others; Gordon-Levitt's to Orlando Bloom, Jamie Foxx, Jake Gyllenhaal, Derek Luke, Casey Affleck, James Franco, Jeremy Renner, and Andrew Garfield; Chastain's to Naomi Watts, Scarlett Johansson, Keira Knightley, Rachel McAdams, Lindsay Lohan, Ellen Page, Sally Hawkins, Carey Mulligan, and Mia Wasikowska; and Jones's to Robert Pattinson, Gabourey Sidibe, and Jennifer Lawrence.
Carlos de Abreu, the Founder and Executive Director of the event, told me, "These honorees have contributed their talent to such high quality films, and it is a great pleasure to honor them for their work."
In recent weeks, as "The Race" was the first to report, de Abreu announced the recipients of several other prizes, as well: the cast of The Help for the Hollywood Ensemble Award; Rango for the Hollywood Animation Award; Oscar nominee Emmanuel Lubezki (The Tree of Life) for the Hollywood Cinematographer Award; Oscar winner Stephen Mirrione (The Ides of March) with the Hollywood Editor Award; Oscar nominee James Murakami (J. Edgar) for the Hollywood Production Designer Award; and Oscar winner Scott Farrar (Transformers: Dark of the Moon) for the Hollywood Visual Effects Award. He says that the remaining honorees will be announced over the next few weeks.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)