'The Hollywood Reporter's' Video Series, Ep. 3: Oscar Contenders Dress to Impress
In the third installment of THR's weekly web series, awards analyst Scott Feinberg chats with senior fashion and beauty writer Merle Ginsberg.
The Hollywood Reporter has released the third installment of its new weekly web series The Hollywood Reporters. In each episode, THR awards analyst Scott Feinberg, the series' host, chats with colleagues from THR's newsroom about different aspects of the awards race.
This week, Feinberg was joined by senior fashion and beauty writer Merle Ginsberg for a discussion about the role of red carpet fashion in the awards season, generally, and this particular awards season, in which both female acting categories will probably be won by serious fashionistas: Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty), Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook) and Marion Cotillard (Rust and Bone) are the top best actress contenders, and Anne Hathaway (Les Miserables) is the prohibitive favorite in the best supporting actress race.
Feinberg and Ginsberg also discuss how many of the top contenders who will be attending numerous awards shows, in tandem with their stylists, plot what they will be wearing throughout the season in order to avoid repetition and cultivate different looks; the lack of new names among this year's field amid a prevalence of people over 40, including the always glamorous Nicole Kidman (The Paperboy) and Kathryn Bigelow (Zero Dark Thirty); the evolution of Lawrence's fashion consciousness in the two years since she first became the subject of awards buzz for Winter's Bone; and Hathaway's unfortunate wardrobe malfunction at her film's New York premiere.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Gwyneth Paltrow Granted Restraining Order Against Stalker After Multiple Scares
- Elizabeth Warren On Whether Women Are Treated Differently Than Men In Washington: 'Yep.'
- Amy Poehler & Tina Fey's 'The Nest' Will Open Opposite 'Star Wars: Episode VII'
- Robyn & Röyksopp Release Two New Songs From 'Do It Again' EP