James Horner, Terry Rawlings to Receive Top Honors at eDIT Filmmakers Festival
Director of photography Pawel Edelman to be recognized by European Cinematographers Federation.
Composer James Horner and editor Terry Rawlings will receive the top recognition of Festival Honors at the eDIT 14 Filmmakers Festival, Oct. 30-Nov. 1 in Frankfurt, Germany.
Academy Award-winner James Horner has composed the music for more than 100 films, including Titanic, Braveheart, Aliens, The Name of the Rose, Apocalypto and Avatar. With Titanic, he earned two Academy Awards, one for best original score and another for "My Heart Will Go On" as best original song.
Rawlings was nominated for an Academy Award for his work on Chariots of Fire. His credits also include The Duelist, Blade Runner, Alien, Yentl , Alien 3, Watership Down, and Joel Schumacher’s adaptation of Phantom of the Opera.
During the Filmmakers Festival, director of photography Pawel Edelman will receive an honorary Award from IMAGO, the European Cinematographers Federation.
Edelman earned an Oscar nomination for his cinematography on The Pianist. His credits include Ray, The Ghost Writer, Oliver Twist, Hamlet and Katyn.
American Cinema Editors president Randy Roberts and IMAGO president Nigel Walters will both deliver keynotes at the Filmmakers Festival. Additional sessions will include a look at the visual effects in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II, the sound work in the Harry Potter series, and Anonymous' production design.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR