James Newton Howard's Music to Be Performed at 12th World Soundtrack Awards
Composer Pino Donaggio to receive the World Soundtrack Lifetime Achievement Award.
A concert of music from composer James Newton Howard will take place at the 12th World Soundtrack Awards, to be held at the Kuipke Events Centre in Ghent on Oct. 20. The Brussels Philharmonic, conducted by both Howard and Dirk Brosse, will perform selections from his film scores, accompanied by film clips.
At the event, composer Pino Donaggio will receive the World Soundtrack Lifetime Achievement Award, and a selection of his work also will be performed.
The World Soundtrack Awardswere established by the Ghent Film Festival’s World Soundtrack Academy in 2001 The Ghent Film Festival itself will run from Oct. 9-20.
Howard, who has received eight Oscar nominations, most recently scored the The Hunger Games. His credits include King Kong, The Sixth Sense, The Fugitive and Pretty Woman.
Donaggio is a frequent collaborator of director Brian De Palma and has scored the filmmaker’s Carrie, Dressed To Kill and Blow Out. He will also be scoring De Palma’s upcoming feature Passion.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack