Jennifer Lawrence Is Santa Barbara Int'l Film Fest's 'Outstanding Performer of the Year'
The 22-year-old Oscar-nominated actress will be honored for her star-making performances in both 'The Hunger Games' and 'Silver Linings Playbook' on Feb. 2.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival said Tuesday that Jennifer Lawrence, the beautiful and charismatic 22-year-old star of this year's summer blockbuster The Hunger Games and the new awards season dramedy Silver Linings Playbook, will be presented with its Outstanding Performer of the Year Award on Jan 26. at Santa Barbara's historic Arlington Theatre.
The fest's 28th edition run Jan. 24 to Feb 3.
"Ms. Lawrence impressed us earlier this year in The Hunger Games, but has now left us moonstruck with her career-defining performance in Silver Lining Playbook – recalling classic turns by Lombard, Stanwyck and Colbert,” SBIFF executive director Roger Durling said in a statement. “Naming her our Outstanding Performer of the Year is an understatement."
Prior to this year, Lawrence was best known for her gritty performance in the low-budget indie Winter's Bone (2010), for which she received a best actress Oscar nomination. She was just 20 years old, making her the second-youngest person ever nominated in that category.
First presented in 2004, the Outstanding Performer of the Year Award has previously gone to Charlize Theron, Kate Winslet, Heath Ledger, Helen Mirren, Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz, Colin Firth, James Franco, and Viola Davis.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!