Jennifer Lawrence Gets Embarrassed by Crying, Doting Parents in SAG Awards Interview (Video)
The "Silver Linings Playbook" star blushes as her father compares her to a thoroughbred horse and her mother succumbs to emotion.
A bit of relief for all those twentysomethings who are jealous of Jennifer Lawrence's early career success: She still gets embarrassed by her parents.
Lawrence, 22, took her parents to the Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday, where she won the naked turquoise statuette for outstanding leading actress for Silver Linings Playbook -- putting her in prime position to take home the Oscar in that category. During a postshow backstage interview with Entertainment Tonight, she was joined by her parents, Gary and Karen, who simply could not contain their enthusiasm for their daughter.
"I feel like I've got Secretariat in the Derby," her father said, comparing his daughter with the iconic 1970s race horse. That caused Lawrence to guffaw and cover her eyes. As for her mother -- once she got over her brief fear of having a microphone stuck in her mouth -- she tried to put the brakes on before she slipped up. "I just can't stop crying," she said. "I don't have anything to say because we'll embarrass her. We always do!"
Soon after, her voice cracked and the tears started, fulfilling her prophecy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR