Jessica Chastain on Her Awards-Season Balancing Act, Which Nominee She Hopes to Work With (Video)
The actress continues to rack up her frequent-flier miles as she contends for an Academy Award in Los Angeles while performing in “The Heiress” in New York.
Jessica Chastain may currently call New York home, but this awards season, she truly is bi-coastal.
As the Zero Dark Thirty star vies for a best actress trophy at the Academy Awards, she works tirelessly to balance her role in the Broadway play The Heiress while jetting across the country to attend various awards shows and celebrations. But before Chastain hits the red carpet at the Dolby Theatre, she’ll take her final bow for Heiress on Saturday, Feb. 9.
Among her recent excursions: The Hollywood Reporter’s Nominees Night soiree, held Monday evening at Spago following the Academy’s annual luncheon.
“I had three shows this weekend and then Sunday night I flew to L.A.,” Chastain said, noting that last year – when she was nominated for her supporting role in The Help – ZDT rehearsals prevented her from attending the luncheon. “[This] might be the best part of awards season.”
Up next for the 35-year-old is a role in Miss Julie, Liv Ullmann’s film adaptation of August Strindberg’s 19th-century play, opposite Colin Farrell and Samantha Morton – but Chastain has her sights set on a fellow Oscar contender to be a future co-star.
“I got to meet Christoph Waltz this year,” she gushed of the Oscar-nominated actor. “I think he’s so incredible. I really hope to work with him someday.”
Among the other nominees earning Chastain’s stamp of approval is Emmanuelle Riva. “I love her,” muses Chastain.
For THR’s event, which hosted the likes of Steven Spielberg, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lawrence, with DJ Snoopadelic (aka Snoop Dogg, Snoop Lion) on the turntables, Chastain chose an elegant black gown by Givenchy paired with a red-carpet classic: Christian Louboutin heels.
For more from the actress, watch the video above.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Awards
- Chris Hemsworth Supports His Fellow Superheroes at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere!
- Reportedly Pregnant Zoe Saldana Wears Billowy Dress to 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere
- Rachel McAdams Exits NYC Before 'A Most Wanted Man' Hits Theatres Everywhere!
- Thandie Newton's Clown Purse is Our Favorite New Accessory!